Online advertising is sometimes considered as a waste of time, effort, and money. This is an incorrect point of view. This statement can be based on a lack of information regarding the effectiveness of online advertising means.
There are still some business owners who are for the “good old” methods of advertising, not accepting the new tactics and online means.
It’s not their fault that they don’t trust new methods, as they have been working this way for decades. Anyway, the truth is everything should change according to the time changes and go hand in hand with the new ideas and technologies.
The majority of customers today are online and that’s where you should be as well. Follow them wherever they are, organize strategies to engage with them, and turn them into loyal customers.
Online businesses are struggling every day like in hunger games in order to stay afloat and gain more customers. Online shopping is not as easy as it may seem.
Running an online business, you should have a good knowledge of the market and learn new online advertising techniques every day.
There are so many variations of online advertising means that you can learn and implement in your online business. All of them are effective if used cleverly and professionally, keeping quality standards.
Let’s discuss some of the most effective advertising tips that may help your online business perform better.
Email Marketing As An Online Advertising Means
Email marketing is one of those “good old” advertising means which are still handy and effective for online businesses.
Although, it’s important to mention that email advertising can be efficient for your business only in case your customers are engaged with you. In other words, the receiver of the email should be aware that he/she is going to get emails from you, as they have provided their emails beforehand.
This can be easily managed via various opt-in forms and subscription popups on your website. These are the handiest tools that will help you collect email lists and keep engaged with your customers.
This is an acceptable way of doing email advertising, as you are not being pushy in sending unwanted emails to your customers. They are ready to receive them, they are expecting your offers as they have signed for it when submitting their email addresses on your website.
The website owner asks for permission via the opt-in form or the subscription popup to send the customers promotional emails before they submit the form. This is the ideal way of starting email advertising. You have to make sure that the design of your email should be user-centric and that the information should be worth useful.
A great example of email advertising is a promotional email campaign sent to the customer informing them about new collections. Another example can be a sales email campaign informing the customers about seasonal or holiday sales in your store.
Google AdWords As An Online Advertising Means
What is Google AdWords?
Google AdWords is the same Google Ads as we all know well. It’s the official Google advertising system. People point to specific keywords in order to display their product/service ads in Google’s search results.
Advertisers who choose this means, have to pay for those ad clicks. This is a pay-per-click system, how Google earns money from searches. A mutually beneficial deal, isn’t it? 🙂
This is actually a great and tricky method for business owners to promote their sales. People who search for some services/products on Google search are tricked by seeing the first result coming on their search.
Those results are marked as “Ad”, and appear in the first place of your search results. Most people don’t even know about Google ads and don’t mention the sign “Ad” on the results. They simply click on the ad and follow the link thinking that’s the best they could find.
Just imagine, how many clicks may Google get with these ads, and you’ll understand the sum of the budget.
Vise versa, you will get more leads collecting new consumers via those ads in a really short period.
Let’s check a list of benefits your business may gain via Google AdWords:
- You can easily calculate the results of the ad via the statistics provided.
- You clearly know how much you will have to pay for certain results, so there are no surprises.
- There are many targeting means for the consumers, like their geo-location, the devices, etc..
- Lastly, it gives you super-fast results, as you see the harvest as soon as you place the ad for your business.
Social Media Marketing As An Advertising Means
Social media advertising is a digital (online) advertising means. It introduces paid and sometimes free ads to your online consumers with the help of social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
We all know this is a socialized era and social media advertising is one of the most efficient means today. The majority of people spend so much time on social platforms which we mentioned above. This makes it the easiest to reach out to them with various offers.
It’s the easiest way for marketers and advertisers to boost their products/services and promote more sales on social platforms that are most visited/used by consumers.
Here you may check some statistics showing the effectiveness of technologies and particularly, social media advertising even on the elderly:
And some common statistics to learn:
- According to Sparkcentral, about 27% of consumers make purchases after they click on FB ads
- According to FB statistics, more than seven million businesses use FB for online advertising
- The CMO Survey states that brands are lucky to increase their sales twice by 2023 if they promote their businesses via social media advertising.
In fact, social media advertising can be a great means of improving your ROI (return on investment) statistics.
Social media advertising can provide you with compatible sales starting from the very beginning of your online business. Yet, the point is to know the advantages that social media advertising can give you as a business owner.
Here are the main types of social media advertising that you should be aware of:
- Social networking (Facebook, LinkedIn) – this consumes being active with your constant posts on the mentioned platforms. Also, constantly updating your info and keeping the connection with your audience.
- Micro-blogging (Twitter, Tumblr) – this is the shortened, laconic version of the above-mentioned. It is getting more and more popular these days.
- Photo marketing (Instagram, Pinterest) – it’s not a top-secret how effective and popular is today photo sharing on the mentioned platforms, which provides the easiest way of advertising.
- Video marketing (YouTube, Facebook Live, Instagram Live, Periscope, Vimeo, Daily Motion) – having video channels on YouTube, Daily Motion or Vimeo can bring you almost the same profit as the “lazy” FB and IG live advertising. A great means of keeping the connection with the consumers and promoting more sales on a live basis.
Remember, high quality is a guarantee of your success in everything you do. Be the first in what you do, or don’t do it at all. If you’re going to use a new online advertising strategy, make sure you research and learn it from A to Z. Always provide the highest quality to your customers not only via the products you offer but also with your marketing campaigns.